- Family and Parenting
Protect Your Home Against Warning Signs
If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother, and the teacher. (Abdul Kalam)
Within the existing struggles we must stay in control. Corruption is at the doorway of our homes, if not to say that, in many it has destroyed family members. Abdul Kalam quoted well the key under who are to be in control of homes.
How will we stand firm for our loved ones? How will we debate against our unseen enemy when it approaches? The Bible is the Word of God, written for us to know from where we came. God wants us to remember the past. God wants us to live by it, against the enemy of our Spirit, Soul, and Body. The Bible has all the answers for each of our questions.
- A father is the head of the family. A father needs to be wise, he needs to provide for his family with love, passion, patience, tolerance, and understanding. 1 Corinthians 11:3 "But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ."
- A mother is a position very important for humanity; she is full of responsibilities. Titus 2:3-5 "Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored."
- A teacher is an educator. To educate is to "conduct" and to "lead". A teacher makes children grow up and become responsible adults: mature and happy citizens. Luke 6:40 "A pupil is not above his teacher; but everyone, after he has been fully trained, will be like his teacher."
Our home: the World
We are all part of this world like the members of our body are to each one of us. Everyone of us have a different function. We are part of this world like each room offers different uses in a house.
If a father or a mother are not available, and a teacher is not present; or neither of them are being responsible... We, the people, have a citizenship responsibility toward humanity. The World is our home and the people are those we have to love indistinguishably. Let's protect it against warning signs.
Do you really believe in political promises?
Oh, the newspaper, the radio news station, our family members, our neighbors, our schools...all crying out loud that they need help! We cannot keep ignoring, taking for granted that someone else other than ourselves will take care of things.
Politicians are after political matter. Oh, yes, of course, they will promise to get a vote. The Police Department is doing the best they can, but are they really completely responsible or compromised to sacrifice their own personal life?
We are responsible to protect our home against warning signals.
Do you really think that our home protection relies solely on the police?
"The LORD looked at him and said, "Go in this your strength and deliver Israel from the hand of Midian. Have I not sent you?" (Judges 6:14)
Our strength is what we need to protect our homes from warning signals. Your strength is not the same as mine (probably). We all have diverse capabilities and capacities; aptitudes, abilities, and motivations. Howard Gardner revealed from his investigations seven types of intelligence. Other scientists, investigators, psychologists, and etc; have enumerated other types also. The fact is that we are all different from one to another.
Some of the aptitude types to be used as a deliverer, in these times, against warning signals are:
- Abstract or scientific: to understand principles and theories that are not enrolled in nature.
- Spacial: to handle spaces, dimensions, geometry.
- Numerical: to understand and develop numerical sequencing.
- Verbal: to understand words, sentences, texts and relations between them.
- Mechanical: to understand the transmission of movement and its dysfunctions.
- Artistic-Plastic: ability to develop forms, apply colors, and appreciate aesthetic forms.
- Musical: ability to relate and remember musical notes, generate and create music arrangements.
- Social: to understand and interact with others.
- Visual-motor coordination: fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Executive: Ability to plan and manage work groups.
- Organization: the ability to classify, organize and systematize a source of information.
- Persuasive: to argue, persuade, organize, and systematize, a source of information.
"In warned wars people don't die."
The importance of recognizing warning signs is to be alert of an attack. We need to be prepared to protect our homes. It is the moment to search information, to gather with honest and faithful people, to talk to our children in a simple way about the signs. Warning signs are good because they prevent us from what may happen. We do not have to fear, if we know we have done and are doing the right thing.
Occupying ourselves of our responsibilities, our moral values must not be taken away from us, they are our shield. Our homes must be guarded like soldiers in wars. It is that balance between letting things disturb your peace and the peace that comes by being responsible.
"No soldier dies in a scheduled war."
Protecting our homes
How can we protect our homes?
Many lists are written in a variable way by the aptitudes, abilities, and intelligences of those working for a better world. I will give you some of the warnings we need to be aware of to protect our homes against evil ways. Analyze the list and if you are not being responsible, guess what, you are fortunate, because if you are reading, you are alive. If you are alive, you have hope to improve. This is a positive list of what should be happening, other than this it is a warning.
- Adequate standard of living
- Children's welfare
- Civil, Political and Cultural rights
- Sustainable development
- The right to food
- Freedom of opinion and expression
- Freedom of peaceful assembly and association
- Freedom of religion and beliefs
- The right to be oneself
- Right to do business
- Enjoyment of physical and mental health
- Legal rights
- Fellowship programs for minority population
- Identification of false conspiracy theories
- Maintenance of traditional values
- Trafficking in persons
- Justice for all
Giving the face for justice Froggy and Lastheart
Others will strike against bad educational systems
Lastheart is a retired teacher now. She struck against bad educational rules or systems that were against the children's free education. We cannot be afraid of standing firm and pointing out what it is wrong.
There will always be a way to protect the best interest of everybody. Here is where we use wisely our capacities, capabilities, aptitudes, and all our intellectual abilities, because we need to protect our home against warning signs.
Some will strike for justice
Froggy213 protected his home against warning signs. His method in that moment was to strike, write and stay with his boots on in search of justice. His 2 year old grandson was dead. Every detail appointed to be murdered by the child's mother's partner.
Can you put yourself in his place. Do you know something? This is happening very frequently and we have to protect our children from murderers.
Oscar Lopez Rivera
Some protect their homes and are sent to prison
Oscar Lopez Rivera is a Puerto Rican Nationalist who was convicted and sentenced to 70 years in prison for "seditious conspiracy". He was never accused of any violent act. He has been 'among the longest held political prisoners in the history of Puerto Rico and in the world'. On May 29, 2013, he has served 32 years in jail.
Oscar Lopez Rivera was among the 16Puerto Rican Nationalists offered conditional clemency by the U.S. Ex President Bill Clinton in 1999. Oscar rejected the offer. Why not total instead of conditional? Why not now?
Many Puerto Ricans understand that true justice has not been applied in this case. This is why peaceful protests are manifested in behalf of the petition to let Oscar Lopez Rivera free.
Oscar López: After 32 Years in Prison, Calls Grow for His Release
Please don't let this world drown in blood. Protect your home against warning signs. Identify the warning signs of corruption, abuse and injustice. Don't blind yourself to what is wrong.
Yes miracles happen, and this world will become better if you, me, and all plant good seeds. Blessings to all as we stay alert.
© Maria Magdalena Ruiz O'Farrill
Humanity One World
© 2013 Maria Magdalena Ruiz O'Farrill