- Family and Parenting»
- Parenting Skills, Styles & Advice
Tips on how to survive if you are a single parent
There are tips on how to survive being a single parent
Being a parent is the most challenging task in the world. How much more when you are alone and faced with the responsibility of raising your children. It is not easy but it can be done. remember their future depends on you.
- Make the most of your time. If you are a working single parent, proper disposal of time is very important. Child care is not easy and you have the problem of where to leave your child if you are out working. Find a job which gives you leeway of your time.
- Set a well defined schedule and stick to it. No matter what happens you must have a schedule on things to be done in the day, go ahead with your plan and stick to it.
- Choose a day care which is near the area of your work and your house so that transporting the child is easy and you can save more time
- Prioritize time with your children, it has been noted in recent surveys that children with divorced parents or were raised in a single parent household has more problem in their youth.
- Save money for the rainy season. Not only that you need to have a savings always in case you might need it anytime.
- Secure the children's health by buying health insurance
- Talk to the father/mother of your child so that you can have a nice arrangement for the care of your children. Disregard past differences and settle your dispute in a nice way and work on your relationship as parents.
- If the dad or mom is already dead, explain the circumstances to the child, so that they can understand what is going on
- If you are not the sole custodian of your child, make sure that you gave your financial share and make time for your children.
- Don’t lose hope and just think that children are given to you because you can take care of them.
- Seek emotional support from your friends and your own parents too.
- Focus on the children and always decide on things based on what is good for them.