brittvan22 profile image 77

What causes a man who does not take care of his child, think that he can disrupt the child's life?

IF a man/woman does nothing for their child why do they think they can disrupt the child's life, whenever they feel like it? I think you either be there or stay away, am I wrong? To me being a parent is not an option, but an obligation. Either step up to the plate or stay away gracefully. I understand some people may not have seen a mother or father figure, but right is right and wrong and wrong.

Alastar Packer profile image80

Alastar Packer says

• brittvan22 profile image

brittvan22 4 years ago

Thanks for commenting, I thought for a second maybe my thinking was too harsh.

• brittvan22 profile image

brittvan22 4 years ago

Wow, that is really an unfortunate situation. I have seen it from both sides good Moms and good Dads. In this circumstance this Dad is more concerned about partying, making empty promises. Thanks for commenting I like to see male/female perspectives.

• brittvan22 profile image

brittvan22 4 years ago

If you understood what I said it has to do with disruption, meaning messes with stability and safety. It's not about like or dislikes, but fairness to the child. No one has the right to hurt anyone even if they have the title Mom or Dad.

brittvan22 profile image77

brittvan22 says

ShyeAnne profile image82

ShyeAnne says

• brittvan22 profile image

brittvan22 4 years ago

If you are present to keep tabs on the Mom and make empty promises to be there the next day and do not. If when you do come around you threaten to leave when the kid does something you like as they scream daddy/mommy don't go. I will hub on this soon

Dilania says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 4 years ago

Good luck with that. And when he is in college, or falling in love or playing baseball, football or basketball. Are you going to interfere in his life so he does not get hurt?

Is it at all possible that you have some influence on why dad is gone?