Help for the daughter-n-law.

  1. profile image40
    Lotsofkids47posted 10 years ago

    I'm hoping someone can help me help my daughter-n-law thats in an abusive relationship. My son moved her and the five grandchildren down to southern Illinois to be near his deceased fathers family. My daughter-n-law is begging for our help to get her and the kids up here to central Illinois to try and get a small piece of property to move two trailers on so we can hook them together and live as a family and help her raise the grandkids right. We are on a limited income. My husband gets disability of 623.00 a month so we can't help her finnancially but we could help her physically and emotionally, she has no one else to help her but us. Her parents are divorced and her dad moved to arizona and remarried and won't help her. Her mother sold her house and is moving out west also to be with her own mother. Her mother told her to stick it out even knowing how bad it is because of the kids and her brother is in the military and was shipped out. Here is the worst of it: My son is mean mentally and physically to her and the kids. One child has adhd and needs to see a dr. up here in champaign so she has to make several trips up here a month sometimes at 130-135 miles one way and gas is not getting any cheaper, even then she has to scrape up the money for gas and when she can't she has to cancel the appts.One of the girls has an intestinal problem she is having to deal with also. He takes her mini van and leaves his truck so she can't go anywhere. He threatens her with not paying the rent if she don't do what he wants. So you see we are trying to get her and the kids up here so we can live together and get the kids a proper education and teach them religion. My husband and I are disabled but we are willing to help her all we can. if anyone can help please e-mail me

  2. Sangay Glass profile image71
    Sangay Glassposted 10 years ago

    It is nice to see a mother in law taking the side of her abusive son’s wife, but…

    If you really want help, it’s best to get it from someone in person, not on the internet as both parties ( the person querying and the good samaritan) could become possible victims of scammers.

    Getting away from an abusive partner can be dangerous.

    Get your daughter in law help through a abuse victim’s hotline. They will tell you the steps to take from there.

    If you can find HubPages… you can find a reliable and trustworthy abuse agency.

    Good Luck


This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at:

Show Details
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the or domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)