Things My Dad Knew (Memories From The

1. Learning4Life profile image61
    Learning4Lifeposted 4 years ago via iphone

My Dad knew:
    If you take your daughter fishing and 'let' her catch more fish than you, she will have sweet memories that span a lifetime.

My Dad knew:
    If you stand out in the yard and let your little girl help you water the 'dry spots', those special moments are creating a lifelong bond.

My Dad knew:
    If you praise your children often and give them only constructive criticism, you help build adults with genuine self worth. 

My Dad knew:
    Lots of hugs and "I love you's" equal security, and curiously so does saying "Yes" to some things and "No" to many things. He  knew the latter also prepares children for the real world where there are also infinitely more "no's" than "yes's".

My Dad knew:
    What you do in your 'hidden' life means EVERYTHING. If you are truly a person of moral fiber, if you exhibit integrity and honesty in 'secret', then the world will know the same person that your family knows at home. This is the ultimate meaning of the word 'transparency'.

My Dad knew:
    Families need a yearly vacation. Even if this means driving cross-country with complaining, whining kids (that you want to hurt...

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's so sweet!

working