Should tighter gun laws be put in placed worldwide?

1. cindyvine profile image84
    cindyvineposted 9 years ago

Should tighter gun laws be put in placed worldwide?

2. Paradise7 profile image85
    Paradise7posted 8 years ago

I don't like weapons of any kind at all that were made to injure or kill  and hurt people.  I just don't like the idea of guns or weapons or nuclear arms.  If it were strictly up to me, I'd get rid of them all, everywhere, world-wide, now.

As far as legislation goes, it seems that gun laws don't do very much to decrease violent crime.  We've tried that and it doesn't work very well.  The only people who comply with gun laws are law-abiding citizens.  The criminals don't care.

So, though it might seem contradictory in the light of how much I detest weapons, I don't think so.

3. bonny2010 profile image70
    bonny2010posted 8 years ago

I was bought up with guns, at 10 I had my first pellet gun, at 11 I watched in horror as my father smashing it against a rock because i was taking pot shots at my brothers on account of them not letting me play cricket with them. At 12 I made myself a pellet gun(itwas a goodun too). Dad let me keep it cause I had shown that I was respectful of what they represented. Today I don't have a gun in the house, but find they are necessary with all the snakes about...so instead of shooting them I now shoosh them.. still yet to find one without that wild stubborn streak though. The answer is no I don't think gun laws should be in place...if somebody wants to kill somebody they will. Having a gun does make it easier for the bullies and the weidosand the cowards,but hey gun laws won't deter them, harsher punishment might ...like throw away the key to their freedom.

working