Tips for productive family meetings.

1. The Real Tomato profile image64
    The Real Tomatoposted 9 years ago

Tips for productive family meetings.

2. Tom Rubenoff profile image93
    Tom Rubenoffposted 9 years ago

Following are tips for productive family meetings:    Don't have children. Period. No fam, no family meetings.   If you inadvertently have children, put them immediately up for adoption. See above.   Constantly pawn your children off on relatives... read more

3. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

I'm not a fan of turning family communication and/or togetherness into a meeting. 

When my children were young there were the decisions I made that applied to me and the family.  Then there were the decisions my husband made that applied to him and the family.  Of course, he and I made decisions between us and shared them with the children.  With regard to any of these decisions, as a family who spent a lot of time together, we just communicated to the children whatever "news" there was.  I suppose, technically, communicating information to the children in a group may be considered a "meeting", but the natural, informal, nature of these times was clearly not something seen as a meeting.

To me, the best communication in families comes naturally and without the formal structure of a meeting.

When it came to any issue related to one child's behavior or school matters, I dealt with those individually (and don't believe siblings should be around for that type of discussion).

In other words, I think the most productive family meetings include only the two adult parents - and parents can then share what went on at the "meeting" (in an informal and natural conversation) with children.

working