jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What do you do with a Wedding Dress after the Wedding? Are there any uses?

1. Lady_E profile image76
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

What do you do with a Wedding Dress after the Wedding? Are there any uses?

2. Aqua profile image82
    Aquaposted 8 years ago

My wedding dress is still hanging in the closet but I often think of donating it. There's a bridal place in Portland, OR where wedding dresses are donated and given to deserving women.  I always thought that was cool!

3. profile image45
    rosieangelposted 8 years ago

I know someone is planning to use her wedding dress to make a christening dress for her future baby.

4. roezer profile image54
    roezerposted 8 years ago

You could make some Curtains with it.Well it's an Idea if you can't sell it

5. Bickster profile image55
    Bicksterposted 7 years ago

I know a few of my mothers friends who still have their wedding dresses hanging in their closets (gathering dust). They haven't worn them since their big day.

If you have not bought your dress yet you could always think about a 2 piece wedding outfit (a corset top and separate skirt). This way you can always wear either one by themselves again after the wedding. It would be quite nice to for example the corset top again and think back to memories of your wedding!

After my wedding I am thinking about helping out someone who can't afford a dress and gifting them mine. It is a tough question as so much there is a big emotional attachement to it.

6. bride-pride profile image57
    bride-prideposted 7 years ago

Wedding dress is an important part of life. Because it includes the most beautiful moments of our life we ever gone through. So many people wants to keep it as it is as a memory.

This is very good, but If you donate your wedding dress to someone who can't afford to buy  would be so wise of you.
    This time you have made it is possible for some one to make a unforgettable wedding  important memories of her life.

7. Tatiana Porembova profile image59
    Tatiana Porembovaposted 5 years ago

Making a bed spread or cushions with the fabric will add a touch of class to a room. You could make a nice lampshade, too, (these look great in a large room).