How does a busy mother of three kids under 6 find time to be alone with God?

1. profile image47
    Pastor Jimposted 8 years ago

How does a busy mother of three kids under 6 find time to be alone with God?

2. regu16 profile image60
    regu16posted 8 years ago

This is something that I have struggled with for years, since giving my life to Christ.  It is not just a problem for those with three small children!  It is making the choice to meet with your maker and communicate with him INSTEAD of watching tv, reading a book, playing on the computer, etc.  The Holy Spirit is speaking to me, telling me that it is a perfect time to go and read my Bible and pray to God.  I cannot begin to tell you the thousands of times that I have not listened to that still, small voice--and I have done other things.

Setting aside a time that works for you is key.  The Bible has many verses about meeting with God in the morning, which is ideally the best time--since this is the beginning of your day.  However, if that time is not going to be something you can commit to--find a different time!!

I have found that right before bed can be a good time--but again, by the time I find myself crawling into my bed--I just want to sleep!
    For a mother of three, the afternoon or evening might be best.
    I have quiet moments in the afternoon while my oldest is at kindergarten, and the other two are napping.  It is a perfect time to pause and rest in the Lord.
    The evening, after the children go to bed--is hit or miss.  The kids do not always get to bed when they should, and sometimes the baby is up again for a short time before going back to bed at 9 or 10.

So, by replying to this question--I have discovered for MYSELF--the afternoon would be the best time for me.
    This prompts me to make a commitment to do just that and see how it works out. 

Thankfully, our God is a forgiving God--patient and understanding--and always ready to give us yet another chance!

3. arizonawilliams profile image49
    arizonawilliamsposted 8 years ago

I wish I had the answer to this one.  I want to be a better person too.  I find myself talking to God when I have a free moment, perhaps in the car or while working through the grocery store.  We chat, I tell him my thoughts, and I feel like I am getting a little closer.

working