jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

how can you tell if your baby is going to be a very smart kid?

1. salvacion profile image60
    salvacionposted 7 years ago

how can you tell if your baby is going to be a very smart kid?

2. profile image48
    TelecomGuyposted 7 years ago

You can't really. It all depends on how they are raised and what influences they have had whilst they were growing up. It's like asking "how do you know if my kid will be a footballer". If they enjoy the sport, and are good at it from a young age, chances are they will be very good when they grow up.

Learn to understand what a child enjoys when they are young, and influence them to partake in whatever it is to like.

3. profile image47
    Eli-Ane Phillips-posted 7 years ago

By working with him everyday from birth.  You have to become creative and read to him all the time.  You must show him word cards every day for 10 seconds. Start with five.  Every two weeks add five more.  My three year old granddaughter is reading, writing and spelling.

4. lovelife08 profile image60
    lovelife08posted 6 years ago

I think the only way to tell is just to watch them grow as babies and see how quickly they progress in learning their environment around them.  Then once they're old enough to go to school you can tell by their grades, of course depending if they are really trying or if they're just being lazy.

5. cathylynn99 profile image75
    cathylynn99posted 6 years ago

average age to walk and say a first word is one year. if a kid does these early, like someone i know who did both at ten months, they may turn out to be a genius. at age two, the average kid speaks in two-word phrases, and at three, three-word phrases.

working