jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Tips for Single Moms

1. Anamika S profile image55
    Anamika Sposted 7 years ago

Tips for Single Moms

2. charuash profile image56
    charuashposted 7 years ago

be your child's best friend..have fun, go out for movies, talk about school, life etc....just dont let him/her feel that 'dad should have been there.'

3. ImperialPCs profile image74
    ImperialPCsposted 7 years ago

I would definitely recommend that the mother does not project her negative feelings for the absent father on the children.  If I could have made one change to my life growing up, it would be that I wouldn't want to hear all the horrible things that my mother always had to say about my father.

Other than that, the mother should always make time for her children to listen to what they have to say.  Children are intelligent people and they can have some very important things to say. 

And finally, I would say that the mother should always love her child, and that she should understand that it's just as hard for a child to have one parent as it is for the mother to raise the child alone.

4. profile image54
    tryoneposted 7 years ago

Keep in touch with the child's father if you're on good terms or not. It pays to keep the child aware of his father just in case he needs to become aware of his importance as a good father or just a bad da.

working