jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should It Be Normal For A Father Not To Remember The Exact Dates When His Childr

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Should It Be Normal For A Father Not To Remember The Exact Dates When His Children Were Born?

2. Betty Reid profile image60
    Betty Reidposted 7 years ago

No, it should not be normal.  However, some people are just not sentimental.  Someone may be concerned about health, money, education, politics, and/or religion, but think birthdays are trivial.

3. rvsource profile image56
    rvsourceposted 7 years ago

This is a guy thing unfortunately. Most women remember important dates, but guys, at least straight ones, have trouble with this

4. saddlerider1 profile image70
    saddlerider1posted 7 years ago

Unfortunately it is normal for males to be more inclined to forget birthdays, valentines day, mother's day, and every other kind of important day.I tend to agree with Betty, some of us men just are not sentimental enough to care. Others think it;s trivial. Others just have a one track mind, others just don't care and others just shouldn't have taken on the job in the first place..Life is all about caring, loving and showing the people you love just that. Fortunately I believe most men do remember...at least I hope they do:0)

5. billericky profile image65
    billerickyposted 7 years ago

I have four children, I absolutely adore them, they are my reason for being. Ask me when their birthdays are and I can usually get the month right straight away, BUT... it does take me about a minute to remember the exact dates, and I cannot for the life of me remember the years they were born. I have to count backwards from the year we are in to find their birthdate. Yet my missus can remember everything.