jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How old is too old for kids to trick or treat? If a kid is really tall for his/h

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

How old is too old for kids to trick or treat?
    If a kid is really tall for his/her age would...

you discourage them from doing it?

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

The tradition of going out at Samhain (summer's end) by poor children to get favours from the gentry is ancient, part of the Celtic New Year celebrations.
    I those days, if a favour of food wasn't given, the children would throw stale vegetables at the adult.  I would guess that as Celtic children bore arms at about 9 years old, that would probably be the time they grew out of it.  These days, children are not so mature and would probably extend that into their mid-teens, most parents would probably want them to be accompanied by an older sibling or adult.

3. KnowledgeSpeaks profile image58
    KnowledgeSpeaksposted 7 years ago

Let's see, I have a 9-year-old who will be going out trick or treating and a 13-year-old who might too, although my older son felt he was too old to go out just 2 years ago and stayed home to give out candy. I don't know what's changed, but all of the sudden he's not too young. I give out candy to kids who look like they could be in high school, but I don't mind as long as they are polite and don't damage my property.

4. profile image0
    swilliamsposted 3 years ago

I know that this event has passed but, the question is funny. I had a young lady that looked like a woman come to my door for candy. I asked her, "Aren't you too old to be doing this?" She said, "No! I'm supermodel." I gave her candy anyway but...It was an awkward situation. smile

working