Three Items to Take

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (23 posts)
  1. patful profile image60
    patfulposted 14 years ago

A tornado is coming. Your house will be hit. What three things (other than family members) do you grab first to take with you?

1. starme77 profile image76
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My lap Top My Cigs and my Whisky smile

2. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Actually I went through that about 6 years ago at night. I dropped to the floor until it passed scared half to death. I'd probably do the same again. LOL But if I have time and don't panic I would take my camera, hat and robe on my way to the wine cellar.

1. Carmen Borthwick profile image61
      Carmen Borthwickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haha, what are you gonna take a picture of in the wine cellar? Hopefully its stocked and yes a robe would be good and where would you be without a hat?

3. Real Estate Lady profile image60
    Real Estate Ladyposted 14 years ago

My 3 dogs. . .do they count as one item or three?

If I got to choose two more I'd definitely grab my laptop and my purse.

Ya know what? Even if the dogs counted for 3 I would cheat and find a way to take my laptop. As a writer, it's my entire life!

What a fun question.

4. Real Estate Lady profile image60
    Real Estate Ladyposted 14 years ago

My 3 dogs. . .do they count as one item or three?

If I got to choose two more I'd definitely grab my laptop and my purse.

Ya know what? Even if the dogs counted for 3 I would cheat and find a way to take my laptop. As a writer, it's my entire life!

What a fun question.

5. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

My cigarettes!

My pistol!

and my season tickets to the Texas Longhorns Football games!

1. archdaw profile image60
      archdawposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would take my cigars too!!!!

6. archdaw profile image60
    archdawposted 14 years ago

Never been in one only saw one on The Wizard of Oz, but judging by that if I had time I would take my Important paper suitcase, my favorite leather jacket and my car keys.  These are the theings that I took when my house caught on fire(along with my children ofcourse.)

7. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

my bunny.

my treasure box with my son's baby stuff and journals in it.

my laptop.

8. maggs224 profile image80
    maggs224posted 14 years ago

Our dog my laptop and photos the rest is stuff that can be replaced.

9. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Would have to be my 3 dogs -- unless they count as 1. In that case it would be photos and computer. Totally not original...

10. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

I'd be astonished if it did, London not being home to many tornados.

If it did, however, I'd take (1) my file with our passports, driving licences and so forth in it, (2) my handbag, as having some cash and credit cards would be rather useful if our flat vanished in a tornado, and (3) a large bottle of water.

My back-up hard disk, for both personal family stuff, incl. photos, and work documents, is at a different address anyway, so I wouldn't need to bother with that.

11. HandmadeChristmas profile image60
    HandmadeChristmasposted 14 years ago

For me it would have to be the photo albums of when my sons were young.
    The memories are locked in my mind but it is so good to look back on those happy times!

12. JulietduPreez profile image69
    JulietduPreezposted 14 years ago

Computer
    Poetry/diaries/journal
    Photos

13. RedSonja94 profile image61
    RedSonja94posted 14 years ago

I would have to say my photos, my purse and my computer.  Those are the only things I can't readily replace and I have a ton of pics on my hard drive.

14. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

I've been in tornados, hurricanes and fires.  In a torando, I have to agree with "ralwus" - i'd stick.  Hurricanes and fires have longer lead times and I've fled both.  I loaded up my computer, my cat, the significant other, medical supplies, clothes, food and pillows.  Then anything else I could fit in the car that meant something.  I hope I never have to repeat these experiences, they were miserable.

15. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

That reminds me. Got to stock up on the 72 hour kits.

One thing I love about living in Mormon country- it's not very difficult to do that.

16. privateye2500 profile image40
    privateye2500posted 14 years ago

vehicle keys - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photos/physical memories you can't replace.

All backups of all computer data or all the equipment if there is time.

Then again - you don't say how much time we have which is critical to the answers except for the keys.

TIME IS A CRITICAL PART OF THIS QUESTION.

sECOND PART - SOME PPL ARE SAYING THEY ARE STAYING in THE HOUSE DURING THE TORNADO - WHICH WAS NOT PART OF THE ANSWER, (sorry caps lock) you are saying *take with you* - which denotes Leaving.

1. The Rope profile image60
      The Ropeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Vehicle keys!  smilesmilesmile  Love it!

17. elisabethkcmo profile image77
    elisabethkcmoposted 14 years ago

laptop
    photo album
    my purse

18. elisabethkcmo profile image77
    elisabethkcmoposted 14 years ago

cat
    cat
    dog

19. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

Id die, I have more than 3 animals and I couldnt pick or choose..just hope they get scared and follow to the basement

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)