jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What’s The Difference between a Laptop and Notebook Computer?

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

What’s The Difference between a Laptop and Notebook Computer?

2. profile image0
    TypingTornadoposted 8 years ago

they're the same.  two words for the same thing.  netbook, however is a very small version of the laptop/notebook.

3. Howard W. Colins profile image45
    Howard W. Colinsposted 8 years ago

I have a Netbook and I love it. It gives me portability but is much smaller than a regular laptop. It's not for working on all day but a good addition if you have a PC as your main computer and just need something for meetings outside the office. The big difference is that it's got to CD or DVD drive. You can get around this but networking it to your main PC or using a USB device with your CD or DVD files on it.

4. profile image49
    Laptop Sleeveposted 8 years ago

As TypingTornado says, they are the same thing. I'm pretty sure they changed the word Laptop to Notebook as they now warn against sitting portable computers on your lap due to the large amount of heat generated. There have been cases where serious burn injuries were caused by laptops (oops, sorry Notebook).

5. Dense profile image73
    Denseposted 8 years ago

Excerpt from the Dense Dictionary of Computer Jargons (TM)
    notebook = laptop
    laptop = 
    1. notebook
    2. that cute girl (gf, wife, etc) who regularly and sportingly sits on your lap big_smile

6. profile image29
    Vin79posted 7 years ago

I've a hub created which should answer this Question.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Differnece-betw … -computers

7. bettanywire profile image56
    bettanywireposted 7 years ago

laptop can play movie while notebook is not because of limited storage capacity and memory.

8. Silwen profile image79
    Silwenposted 7 years ago

Portable computers are very popular. There are two terms that describe portable computers: 'laptop' and 'notebook'. This hub reveals the differences between those two types of portable computers. read more

9. Freda Raffeal profile image58
    Freda Raffealposted 7 years ago

Notebook and laptop are basically the same thing. Many prefer to call it laptop and many call it a notebook. However a "netbook" is a smaller version of a notebook without some features of a notebook like a dvd drive.

10. GrahamReviews profile image56
    GrahamReviewsposted 7 years ago

Freda Raffeal is right the only difference is the size smile

I have  note book I use when I travel and laptop in the office. I have been able to sync them so they update each other and I never loose where I am.

Graham

working