I am a direct decendant of the Davenports. What can you tell me about them? I a

1. profile image47
    egirl625posted 6 years ago

I am a direct decendant of the Davenports.  What can you tell me about them? I am researching.

My grandmother is a Davenport, my 22 great grandfather is Vivian De Davenport.  I have also found where he is HRH Charle's great grandfather and I am trying to find out how they link into the current Royal family.  Can you help?

2. Ask_DJ_Lyons profile image84
    Ask_DJ_Lyonsposted 6 years ago

Hi from Debbie,

This is what I have on Vivian De Davenport.

Vivian De Davenport is the child of Richard Davenport who wed Amabilia Venables.

Vivian was born about 1204 in Chester, Cheshire, England. He died about 1292 in Prestbury, Macclesfield, Cheshire, England.

Vivian wed in 1225 in Chester, Cheshire, England to Beatrix De Hulme. I have not details about her parentage. Beatrix was born about 1208 in Chester, Cheshire, England. She died about 1250 in Cheshire, England

Vivian and Beatrix had at least the one child named Roger De Davenport. He was born about 1226 in Chester, Cheshire, England. He died about 1292 in Davenport, Cheshire, England. He married in 1238 in Swettenham, Cheshire, England to Mary Saleman. I do not know when she was born or died. She was born in Willington, Cheshire, England. I don't know where she died.

I don't believe I have any details on the Royal family or how that is connected. I hope these details helped.

Best wishes to you,
    Debbie Dunn

1. profile image54
      KempDavenportposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am a Davenport! we might be related smile

working