jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do You feel that it is proper to kick out teens when they turn 18?

1. kat11 profile image61
    kat11posted 6 years ago

Do You feel that it is proper to kick out teens when they turn 18?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4671677_f260.jpg

2. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

No.  Everyone will have a difficult time in the world.  Our family is the one place where we should be able to find shelter.

3. CJ Andrews profile image89
    CJ Andrewsposted 6 years ago

I think this is circumstantial.  In some cases, yes.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Even though 18 is considered adult, I think it is very young to get the world figured out.  And as Daffy Duck says, "family is the one place where we should be able to find shelter."

But there would be ground rules, they would have to be a contributing member of the family and not freeloading.

5. simonpeter35 profile image60
    simonpeter35posted 6 years ago

No. I prefer my children will stay with me until they get married.

6. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
    6hotfingers3posted 6 years ago

I think it is appropriate to give them an option to learn a skill that could support them. Let them know they have a certain amount of time to complete the program. If they fail to follow through , they will be directed to find a job and an apartment. If they choose not to go to college or trade school, then its off to work and finding their own place. That makes them grow up faster.

7. jujanester profile image76
    jujanesterposted 6 years ago

....in our country, Philippines...it is not the rule,, stay as much as you want..until you have your own  family...or for some,, they still manage to live with parents though they've their own family already...

8. profile image0
    Poetic Foolposted 6 years ago

No, though some kids of that age may be ready I would venture that most are not.  That aside, in the current economy it is hard for two-income families to get by much less and 18 year-old with a likely low-paying job.  I sure wouldn't kick my kids out at that age.  I was out from under my parents roof at 18 but I lived with my 22 year old brother.  I would have been screwed without him!

working