What are your favorite things to do in the Orlando/Disney area?

1. scottie g profile image61
    scottie gposted 6 years ago

What are your favorite things to do in the Orlando/Disney area?

2. your cybersister profile image60
    your cybersisterposted 6 years ago

I live only an hour away from this area, so my husband and I are able to visit it frequently.  I adore the theme parks - Epcot is my personal favorite.  I also like the Magic Kingdom and Sea World very much.  One of my favorite things to do in this area is actually FREE.  We often head over to Downtown Disney for the afternoon/ evening and hop on one ot the Disney buses to head to the theme hotels.  You can hop around from hotel to hotel and check out as many as you can fit into your time frame.  You do not have to be a hotel guest to eat in the restaurants, have a drink at the bar, shop in the boutiques, or just enjoy the ambiance of the various hotels.  The shopping at Downtown Disney is also unique. The buses and parking are FREE, so all you spend for a great time is whatever you eat or buy that day.

It is VERY HOT and HUMID in the summer months though and everything is most crowded then as well, so keep that in mind if you are planning a visit.

3. KK Trainor profile image60
    KK Trainorposted 6 years ago

I also love Disney World, Epcot is my favorite too. They are making some cool changes to Downtown Disney too, so there will be even more great restaurants and shops soon. Have never been to the other theme parks in the area, but I'm sure they're all great. Summer will kill you unless you're used to the heat so be aware of that as your cybersister said.