Its hard to think of specific things that i like to write about im a big fan of free verse poetry. Walt whitman is a poet that inspires me to go beyond simple rhymes and rules on paper. think about how edgar allen poe writes, his mood and imagary, his repetition. That is usualy how i write, granted it sometimes seems pain-filled and depressing or sometimes down right creepy but each of of write our own ways and have had different things that make us want to write. honeslty it all depends on my mood at the time. ill start with one line or word that just pops in my head and i just build off of that until i have something that i love. i realize my answer doesnt say much about ten specific things i like to write about but i dont have ten things.
To be honest, my favorite thing tends to be whatever I’m addressing at the moment as I tend to get sucked off into a subject for some time. At the current time my favorites are as follows…
1. Freedom - Because I’m a big fan of the underdog, especially when it’s in the right and outnumbered.
2. Government - Because you can’t write about the good guy without at least introducing the villain.
3. Fantasy poetry - Because it’s like a word game that tells a story. It’s just fun.
4. Politically correctness - Because it’s the villain’s weapon of choice.
5. Mythical creatures - Because I have always found them fascinating. I think myth had to in some way, shape, form or fashion be based in fact.
6. Love - Contrary to popular opinion, this is what actually keeps the world spinning, not money.
7. Horror - In fictional horror the good guy can always win in the end, and the bad guy gets it.
8. Social Conditions - I like to believe it’s tiny way to help make things better.
9. Anything that really ticks me off - It’s a great way to vent!
10. The glory that is God - Enough said.
I like to write about (1) inspiration I gain from everyday events (2) positive womanhood (3) mentoring teens (4) modern application from Bible stories. If I list six more, the list would include subtopics from these.
I enjoy writing (and reading) fiction and non-fiction. I have written mostly short stories but am transitioning into creating longer works. My favorite topics are:
1) Ghost Stories
2) Personal Experiences Embellished (fictional autobiography of sorts)
3) Mental Illness and other Health Issues
4) Historical Eras (especially Victorian)
5) Famous People I admire (Thomas Jefferson, Sylvia Plath, etc)
6) Past US Presidents and lifestyles during Presidencies
7) Images from my dreams and fantasies, in written form
8) Animals - pet care, animal welfare, or just included in fiction
10) Anything that gets me up on my literary soap box ranting (I am very opinionated)
I like writing about health and nutritional science, because this is important information that many people find helpful.
I think hubber poetrix said it very well. Not sure I have a favorite or a top ten favorite because I am often struck by a word or a picture or something someone say, etc. and it becomes a favorite topic. But I do enjoy, very much, writing about things like......experiences (my and others), grace, forgiveness, hope...things that might just help someone, or change an attitude or give someone a push, etc.
Very often my writings offer healing...for me for sure and I hope for others.
by Peeples 5 years ago
What to do when you feel you've ran out of things to write about?I have come to a point where I feel I have run out of things to write about. The important things to me I have covered already. What do you do when you feel you have run out of things to write about?
by Jo_Goldsmith11 6 years ago
Where do you find the subjects that you write about?Is this an *inspiration, life experience or an idea that someone gave you? I know sometimes it hard to come up with something to write about. Would you find it helpful if there was a place to go to find ideas and subjects that you could write...
by Kathleen Odenthal 3 years ago
What is your personal favorite topic to write about?Not your most popular topic, or your most heavily visited, I want to know what your passion is, why you write? We all have some sort of fire burning our creative flames, what are yours? Personally, I write in hopes to change societies view of...
by proudmamma 6 years ago
Writer's block....help? How do you get past writer's block?
by belleart 5 years ago
Are there any Hubbers finding it difficult to come up with things to write?I have about 30 Hubs, and I do still have more in mind but I'm sure after a while I'l be going blank! How are people dealing with this, if at all?
by Alexander Pease 6 years ago
How do you generate ideas to write about?For example, I take words and look up their definition. Any idea that pops into my head I write about, or try to form a story around. Sometimes I will take latin words and work them into a story, too. How do you form ideas for articles or hubs?
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|