jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How can I shut my half brothers up?

1. mtalbot2987 profile image74
    mtalbot2987posted 6 years ago

How can I shut my half brothers up?

2. kittythedreamer profile image99
    kittythedreamerposted 6 years ago

Why do you want to? Do you live with them? Do they criticize you? This sounds like a juvenile thing...not to be rude, just my observations. If it's a joke, well then...that's different.

3. mtalbot2987 profile image74
    mtalbot2987posted 6 years ago

Your right it is juvenile but what I'm after really is some advice on how to calm children down. They are 10 and 13, I don't live with them and I haven't seen them in several years. I have no authority over them and no right to discipline them but they are really starting to irritate me.

4. SummerSurf profile image60
    SummerSurfposted 6 years ago

ha same problem...but a step brother who spends half the night commentating on his computer game with his mate, while I'm trying to sleep.  Disconnect the internet? MMmm...ok yes juvenile but tempting smile

5. LittlePayday profile image60
    LittlePaydayposted 6 years ago

you could try giving them a swift kick in the teeth?

6. The Taco Tagger profile image60
    The Taco Taggerposted 6 years ago

just kill them....what? I have to make my answer longer? Hrm... kill them quickly?

7. renegadetory profile image98
    renegadetoryposted 6 years ago

Sounds like they are hungry for attention.  Sometimes its best to spend a little time with them on what they are interested in and let them know that after you want to have time for yourself.  Often when their needs are met, they are less likely to continually bug you.  My nieces and nephews are little motor mouths, but I spend some time with them and engage them in games or playing outside and then they seem to calm down and chill out instead of constantly being in my face.

The other thing I can suggest is to be consistant.  Tell them you need "X" amount of time to yourself and after you'll spend time with them and do it.  If they don't co-operate then explain that they won't get any time with you.  be sure to keep your word though.

I don't know if you care to spend any time with these boys, if their talking is at you, or they just go around being loud to no one or anyone.  If it is the later, I'm not sure what to suggest other than get out of the house when you want some me time.