jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think it is selfish to have children in a bad economy?

1. marriednokids profile image56
    marriednokidsposted 6 years ago

Do you think it is selfish to have children in a bad economy?

2. miss_jkim profile image82
    miss_jkimposted 6 years ago

Children are a blessing in any economy.

3. marriednokids profile image56
    marriednokidsposted 6 years ago

I believe children are a blessing.  I just wonder if individuals believe it's selfish to have children you can't afford.

4. HennieN profile image61
    HennieNposted 6 years ago

I belive people have children for specific reasons. Some parents have children to up their status and to be able to show off. These children are merely a discussion point with firends and nothing more than a status symbol.

If you have children for the right reasons (only you know these reasons, but hopefully love features somewhere), I don't think the economy will play a huge part. Children needs lots of love and support and time.

The economy might push, but as a prent you will find ways and means to make it work.

5. profile image0
    Saugasfinestposted 6 years ago

It's actually better i think.

Bring them up to know the value of things when it all turns around!

6. BethBrown profile image65
    BethBrownposted 6 years ago

Most pregnancies are not planned. But even if it is planned, I do not think it is selfish, as it may be hurtful to individual finances. If we educate and teach our children the value of growing businesses, being smart with education and money...then we can rely on them to drive our economy that will save our future.

7. moiragallaga profile image82
    moiragallagaposted 6 years ago

It's not being selfish to to have children in a bad economy, provided you can take care of them and give a decent standard of living. It is all about responsibility, if you think you have the means with the current state of the economy to give a decent quality of life (and this is a very subjective concept, it usually depends on the person) for your child then go do so. What would be selfish and irresponsible is to have children even if you can't take care of them properly or don't have the means to provide for their necessities.