jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is our youth becoming... Dumber?

1. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

Is our youth becoming... Dumber?

It seems as though kids now a days don't think for themselves and do what Hollywood tells them to do. Whether it be to buy certain things, look a certain way or act a certain way... There are very few kids that are different from everyone else. It also seems more and more kids are growing up in troubled homes and ending up real pieces of Satan's doo doo if you ask me! Kids young as 10 know how to use guns... Whats happened? Is our youth becoming mindless and dumb?

2. cephla profile image60
    cephlaposted 6 years ago

Oh no doubts there. As the average attention span of people keeps falling, mostly due to the many distractions available today, one just can't help becoming dumber. We as a people are definitely slowing down. I look at the innovations in the last 100 years, and somehow, it isn't impressive. Look back a earlier than that and it seems like every day was full of marvel.

I myself feel dumber. Over the years, with all the distractions I've managed to accumulate, I can't help but feel like I don't think as much as I used to. Inspired thought and action are a distant past.

3. PositiveChristian profile image59
    PositiveChristianposted 6 years ago

I think young people are becoming lazier.  The problem, I believe, is the widespread availability of computers for entertainment.  Kids learn to use a computer to play and usually miss the opportunity of using a computer for education.

Children are probably less healthy as well because they don't get to run about as much.

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

I'll have to disagree with you. I find kids today are just the new generation doing what older people think is useless. It's ironic that our parents felt the same way we do. Ask a kid today, anything you want about computers, the internet or any other technology and they know the answer. It's just how the future is changing. To the older generation they are lazy, perhaps "dumber" but to them, were clueless. It's like a revolving door.

5. nscnikhil profile image53
    nscnikhilposted 6 years ago

Nop our youth is not dumber...they have just not taught the write meaning of life

working