What are the specific positive effects of divorce on children?

1. Lorjean Duca profile image53
    Lorjean Ducaposted 6 years ago

What are the specific positive effects of divorce on children?

2. Zubair Ahmed profile image80
    Zubair Ahmedposted 6 years ago

In my view there is no positive effect of divorce on children. They are the real losers in this mess.

I would urge any parent thinking of divorce to put the well being of their children as priority and in their best interest look at making mends and sacrifices in their lives rather than upsetting the tender lives of their young children.

3. hildred profile image78
    hildredposted 6 years ago

One powerful positive effect is just the dissolution of a poisonous marriage, if it was there to begin with. Children are able to know and feed off the animosity between their parents if they're truly unhappy together. In my personal experience, my parents getting divorced (and pretty much the disappearance of my biological father from my life entirely) was one of the best things that could've happened. If my parents hadn't divorced, I don't know how things would've ended up. And I would've never had the dedicated father figure I got a few years later. Yes, if there are children in a marriage, their well being should most definitely be taken into account - and if that well being is best benefited by divorce (that is wanted anyway) then odds are they will understand one day.

working