What is the geekiest things you do with your kids? Do they enjoy it?

1. GinnyLee profile image94
    GinnyLeeposted 5 years ago

What is the geekiest things you do with your kids?  Do they enjoy it?

I build and fly RC planes with my son.  It gets us outdoors at small parks and he gets to learn all about engineering, aerodynamics, servo management, and how transmitters work.

2. WiseRabbit profile image82
    WiseRabbitposted 5 years ago

sometimes we trade glasses. its great. big_smile just kidding. I am not sure what you mean but there have been times when my kids and I have chatted with each other when we are in different rooms of the house or even on the couch and we could have just talked.

3. Ingenira profile image85
    Ingeniraposted 5 years ago

I built roads with traffic lights (yes, with the electrical wiring) with my son when he was 5 years old and a more sophisticated one when he was 7.  To make it neater, we actually place the wires in the cable duct (using Lasy tube to do it).  We bought wooden board, wires, LEDs, switches, buttons, etc.  We also use Lego blocks and Lasy blocks to compliments the building parts. The light turns on and off manually when buttons are pressed.  He knows the the traffic light rules.

The wires actually pulled all the way to a power plant where we build a small building for power generation engines, and power transmission station.

When he is older, it'd be cool to program the traffic light using a micro-controller.

working