jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is a reasonable time for a 5 year old who is going to school to be in bed a

1. profile image51
    ozmadelroseposted 6 years ago

What is a reasonable time for a 5 year old who is going to school to be in bed at night?

2. Rev. Akins profile image75
    Rev. Akinsposted 6 years ago

Our children are both in bed before 8PM. That means all the routine is over before that: baths, brushing teeth, reading books, the whole nine yards. If we don't then our son is a bear in the morning (or more of a bear, he is not a morning person). When we have both kids in bed by 8PM, then the odds are in our favor that our kids will wake up happy and fit for the public. smile

3. urgurl_bri profile image83
    urgurl_briposted 6 years ago

People are supposed to get at least 8 or more hours of sleep at night so if they have to wake up by say 7 to go to school then they should be in bed for sure by 10 or 11 but that's kind of late for a kid so I'd say around 9.

4. breastpumpreviews profile image81
    breastpumpreviewsposted 6 years ago

Bed time has always been around 9 for my older kids.  My 9 month olds bedtime kinda varies at the moment.  But when he is 2-3 it will likely be around 8 or 9 too.

5. Miss Crayola profile image77
    Miss Crayolaposted 6 years ago

It depends how much time the kid sleep in one night. I would definitively tend to reach as much as 10 hours of sleep each night.  School could be exhausting you know! At our home, height o'clock was the maximum bed time for our 5 years old going to school on weekdays.  Seven thirty was also considered on sundays when we had a weekend full of activities.

6. Monisajda profile image75
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

10.5 hours should be OK for a 5 year old. Sometimes 11 if we were outside more than usual and she was really tired.