jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If you could travel back in time to meet one of your ancestors, WHO would it be

1. Maren Morgan M-T profile image91
    Maren Morgan M-Tposted 6 years ago

If you could travel back in time to meet one of your ancestors, WHO would it be and WHY?

You could choose someone you have heard about with notoriety in the family legends (a bootlegger, a wealthy person, the first to immigrate, for example) or someone who could answer questions about that next earlier generation you have been longing to uncover, or someone else.  This relative could be a "position" such as great-great-grandfather on my mother's side, or it could be someone whose name you know.

2. Ciel Clark profile image73
    Ciel Clarkposted 6 years ago

I would like to meet my earliest human grandmother.  Even if we couldn't communicate, I would love to see where I came from way back when....

3. profile image52
    amerbenposted 6 years ago

I would like to meet with and learn from my Great-Great-Grandfather, a Scotish sea captain who sailed the seven seas and possibly started a new line in the Carribean resulting in at least one distant cousin of mine.  B.T.

4. profile image0
    LeilaMoneiposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't go too far back in the family tree...I'd love to meet my paternal great grandmother...my father's grandmother on his mother's side.
    She died in the sixties before I was born and people still talk of her to this day. She was a real character... sherry drinking, lipstick and highheels wearing and renowned for accurately predicting fortunes. Her folks came from England and settled in South Africa. She caused a scandal and was disowned by her relatives when she married my great grandfather, a much older man who had come from China to South Africa. She lived in conservative times and in country where mixed marriages were frowned upon and later, in 1959 even prohibited by law.

5. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 6 years ago

I would go back to meet my maternal 3x Great Grandfather back in Denmark.

6. Sarah Christina profile image84
    Sarah Christinaposted 5 years ago

If I could meet any of my ancestors back in time, I suppose I'd like to meet my Mongolian ancestor (who could even have been Genghis Khan himself--he had A LOT of offspring).

I was born with what is called a "Mongolian birthmark" when I was baby, which is a bruise-like birthmark that appears on a baby's butt when they are born (my mother said it was shaped like a hand) that disappears after a few months. Anyone born with this mark can be traced back to the Mongols when they conquered Europe, because all the babies being born after they had conquered an area had this mark.

It would be really interesting to learn where I cam from--and maybe even learn some battle and horse riding techniques!