jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How important is it that you raise your children under a Christian household?

1. Browneesorchids profile image71
    Browneesorchidsposted 6 years ago

How important is it that you raise your children under a Christian household?

2. bearnmom profile image66
    bearnmomposted 6 years ago

I try to raise by example.  If I go to church regularly, I hope they will follow.  If I keep the commandments or make a project of pointing them out, I hope they will follow.  But, most of all you have to lead without them knowing they are being lead so that they don't think you are overbearing on the subject.

3. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

not even a little. the last thing i want to do is brainwash my kids into being believers. it makes no sense to try to get them to believe in somethings that is based on faith only when all they have to do is look at the world to realize that there isn't some loving super being out there watching over them. i teach my kids to have faith in themselves and the people around them.

4. cookies4breakfast profile image58
    cookies4breakfastposted 6 years ago

My parents gave me an awesome foundation.  They took me to church every Sunday, and we were all involved with the church.  The church gave me a sense of community and security.  I was surrounded by love, and it was uplifting.  I think the very least a parent should do is take their children to a place of worship and involve them in that community.  If a child opts to change his or her beliefs later, at least that child had a good foundation.

5. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

It is good for any child to know that there is a God, and that God has plans for their lives.