I am a teen mom, I need advice!

1. Kristinashelswell profile image56
    Kristinashelswellposted 5 years ago

I am a teen mom, I need advice!

Hello, my name is kristina. I am currently a teen mom. I am 18 and my daughter will be born this April!

I am very excited but as you know being a teen mom is a scary thing. She wasn't planned but I am making the best out of this situation, what really caught my eye was that you already lived through it. I was wondering if you could let me know some insight and advice on taking the right step towards the right direction from your personal experience. I am not a druggie, I dont drink. I just need advice on a good career path for my daughter. I dont want to be living pay cheque to pay cheque.. I

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

I had worked 2 part time jobs. Daycare and bar waitress. I got 2 pay checks and tips! always had money with careful financial management. It helps when living in a large city too. Other options are work at home jobs (WAHM forums), selling crafts through parties. Just some ideas. smile Congratulations on your upcoming birth.

3. ShernetteHB profile image75
    ShernetteHBposted 5 years ago

HI Kristina, first of all congratulations on the upcoming birth of your brand new baby girl and know that this child is and will be a blessing in more ways than you will be able to count. 

As far a career path goes, you have find what interests you most or maybe think about what you wanted to do before you became pregnant.  Those goals are still possible, it might be a bit more difficult, but still attainable. You might want to take a look at the job market and see what you would like to be doing. However, whatever path you decide to take, do it right away, do not put it off, because the longer you wait the more difficult it will be to go back to school. 

I don't know what kind of support system you have, but if it's there, use it.  Also, you may want to look into what colleges and universities that offer daycare for students.  I just want to let you know that having a baby at 18 does not mean that your life and the things you wanted for yourself is over.  Your most important job now is taking care of yourself and your baby, everything else is secondary.  Please know that part of taking care of yourself means going to college or a technical school where you can get the tools you're going to need in order to give your child  the best life possible.  Just remember, she didn't ask to be born, so she deserves the best from you. I hope this helps.