jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How can you tell if you are pregnant with a boy or a girl?

1. Zakmoonbeam profile image93
    Zakmoonbeamposted 5 years ago

How can you tell if you are pregnant with a boy or a girl?

My wife is 3 months pregnant with our second baby, and here in Sweden they will not look for or tell you if you the sex of your baby.  So just for fun, I would love to hear your old wives tales and any thing else that might help us identify if we are expecting a boy or a girl

And I promise not to hold it against anyone who is wrong!

2. smzclark profile image59
    smzclarkposted 5 years ago

I was told that girls are more frontal and boys make it round the sides...If you can tell from the back that a woman is pregnant then she's having a boy, a girl if not.

I don't know how true it is...

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Who cares, don't worry about it, weve been producing offspring since we were invented, Mother Nature wil ensure the right little blighter will pop out.
    One of the old tricks was to suspend the wedding ring by a legth of cotton over the pregnant belly, depending on its rotation the sex of the baby is determined, clockwise - boy, anti-clockwise - girl.

4. ishwaryaa22 profile image89
    ishwaryaa22posted 5 years ago

There is an interesting old wives tale in my country. We use this old-wives tale for prospective mothers and young unmarried ladies also.  It is just for fun though some claimed it to be true. We use a thin chain and rub gently by the side of the hand-palm for very few minutes. Then hang it above the hand-palm, and see how it moves. If this thin chain moves to and fro, it indicates a boy-baby. If it goes in circular motion, it indicates a girl-baby.

5. Loi-Renee profile image85
    Loi-Reneeposted 5 years ago

In Jamaica, some people believe that you can tell the sex of the unborn child based on how the mother is carrying (how her belly protrudes). If the baby is lower in her womb then it is a girl, if the baby is higher then it is a boy.