jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why babies are awake at night and sleep at daytime ?

1. agusfanani profile image76
    agusfananiposted 6 years ago

Why babies are awake at night and sleep at daytime ?

2. Monisajda profile image72
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

Their sleep cycles are different than ours. Infants also still need to feed often and they wake up from hunger and can't put themselves back to sleep. They may be changing from one sleep phase to another and if something rouses them they will wake up and cry. They generally need a lot more sleep than adults thus they nap a lot, too. Parents need to be careful not to let their babies nap too long or they may have trouble sleeping at night. Some infants may be overtired and wake up frequently at night time because of that. It is a careful balance to keep them rested during the day so they will go down to sleep at bedtime and stay that way.

3. profile image0
    Lynn S. Murphyposted 6 years ago

I found with mine, they had their days and nights mixed up. Bath time, in my opinion, determines, the sleep cycle. I found that when I changed bath time from noon or afternoon to 7 p.m. every night, my babies went to sleep at 8-9 p.m. and slept mostly thru the night. My first went from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. My second was a bit trickier. 9 pm to 3-4 p.m. depending.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 6 years ago

Hungry, asking for milk by crying at night. Maybe his nappy is wet, very uncomfortable, mosquito bites.. very itchy yet he doesn't know how to scratch. After all the activities at night, why wouldn't a baby sleep at daytime, huh???

working