jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever forbidden your child to associate with another child due to bad in

1. brakel2 profile image79
    brakel2posted 6 years ago

Have you ever forbidden your child to associate with another child due to bad influence?

How successful was the plan. and what age was your child

2. the girls profile image81
    the girlsposted 6 years ago

Yes. I strongly express my opinion regarding the kind of company that they choose. There's no exact age for each of them, it is a continuous process for me. From my experience, I did this at least twice in their early teens.

3. FreezeFrame34 profile image75
    FreezeFrame34posted 6 years ago

I have limited and restricted my child to play with other children. I struggled with this since I want my child to be nice to others, and not judge, but at the same time, when I had another child tell my daughter, "You don't listen to your mom or dad, you listen to me!" and "When your mom isn't looking, sneak outside and come to my house" when my daughter was four, I had to put a stop to it.

We also had a neighbor whose child would threaten to "kill" others. I would never allow my child to say those things; that behavior is intolerable. When I said something to the parent, her response was, "My child (8) watches too many of those bloody horror movies, and I don't think he likes me too much!" Needless to say, my child is not going over there to play!

4. heavenbound5511 profile image79
    heavenbound5511posted 6 years ago

Yes, of course. But I also tell them to be nice and respect them they just can't play with them.
    This has happened in very serious situations, but not the norm.

I teach my children to forgive and I try to work things out in between them and others but, if the other parties won't try to make peace and work it out-including the parents of the child that is doing things that is wrong and or harmful we cut off that relationship.We also pray for them and there family.

working