jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

If you could give just one advice to a new-mom, what would it be?

1. algarveview profile image88
    algarveviewposted 5 years ago

If you could give just one advice to a new-mom, what would it be?

2. Moon Daisy profile image83
    Moon Daisyposted 5 years ago

The best advice I received was "don't listen to any advice".  You'll get bombarded with many contrasting suggestions and bits of information.  Go with your own instincts and do what feels right for you and your child!

(It served me very well. yikes)   )

1. vechiclereg profile image51
      vechicleregposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree, especially family. But then again am I not contradicting myself????

2. Loi-Renee profile image83
      Loi-Reneeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's true. Everybody thinks they have the magic cure for every ailment the newborn will ever have. The poor mom is so desperate to do what is best for her child that she may not even realize she is becoming paranoid.

3. MickS profile image69
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Hold the pill between your knees to avoid making the same mistake again.

1. Loi-Renee profile image83
      Loi-Reneeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If you think having a child is a mistake I would advise you to take your own advice. Grab that little pill for all its worth!

4. tammyswallow profile image94
    tammyswallowposted 5 years ago

As a mother of four, I would tell new mothers not to try to stay on top of EVERYTHING. It can be overwhelming to try to take care of a newborn and run a household, get the shopping done, stay on top of laundry. I would tell new mothers that they should not worry about all the little things and to focus on their new baby. Other things will get done eventually.

1. Moon Daisy profile image83
      Moon Daisyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I agree.  Things like cleaning the house and doing all the laundry do seem a lot less important when you have a baby to care for!  Baby's the most important thing.

5. StephanieBCrosby profile image86
    StephanieBCrosbyposted 5 years ago

Take every offer you get for someone to give you a break. I made the mistake of turning down the few offers I got to take a nap or shower. I didn't want to miss anything. Plus every time there was a noise from my son or daughter I figured I had to get right back up and breastfeed again. Many long days and fatigue.

6. BusinessTeacher profile image60
    BusinessTeacherposted 5 years ago

I disagree- Take any advice given, but you choose which ones work for you.

http://www.honeypotbabystore.com

7. carolp profile image81
    carolpposted 5 years ago

Enjoy every bit of the times you spent with your child. If you have the chance to stay at home and not going to work, make use of this chance. Watching your child grow day by day is a great experience you don't have to miss in your life.

8. Lady Wordsmith profile image82
    Lady Wordsmithposted 5 years ago

Chill out, and force yourself to laugh at the little things that seem so disastrous but that really do not matter.  And chill out some more.  Because you have to enjoy those baby cuddles - when they're gone, you can never have them back.  Don't waste time stressing about housework - cuddle that baby like there's no tomorrow!  And chill some more big_smile

Let things go - don't dwell on things that make you stressed.  Everything will pass - allow it to do so.  Just keep cuddling, just keep chilling smile

9. jacqui2011 profile image84
    jacqui2011posted 5 years ago

Cherish every moment that you spend with them as they really aren't children for long. My mother told me this and I never really paid attention. It just seems like yesterday that my daughters were babies, now they are 17 and 11 years old!

working