jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What are some fun ways to keep kids entertained during their summer break from s

1. Sunshine625 profile image94
    Sunshine625posted 5 years ago

What are some fun ways to keep kids entertained during their summer break from school...

2. josh3418 profile image82
    josh3418posted 5 years ago

There are several things you can do to entertain those little rascals smile I may not have any kids, but I used to work as a camp counselor for five summers.  There are many outdoor games you can try out to entertain them for hours at a time!  A great activity would be any game you can invent with water balloons or some form of water.  An excellent game my kids enjoyed was water kickball, where you would have small pools for each base and slip and slide mats for the baselines.  You then hose down the mats with water and dish detergent.  The next step is too just have fun!  You run down the baseline and can slide into the poll of water, it is awesome!

Sunshine625posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Water and dish soap to make a slide! Fun idea!

3. MrMomRick profile image60
    MrMomRickposted 5 years ago

Well now in my South Jersey town, from the enourmous severe thunderstorm we had last night, they can climb on the trees that fell in all of our yards. That should keep them occupied for several hours. smile

Go climb a tree (with parental supervision) ... good idea!

4. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

Some cities offer a free listing of fun, free or inexpensive, local events on their chamber website or community pages.  There are occasional library events, besides summer reading programs, children can participate in all summer.  At home a summer event that would interest children this year is a mock olympic trials event. And, there's always the crafts, waterplay and park days that keep them busy.

Excellent ideas to entertain the kids Dianna!

working