jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you find physical or academic activities with your sons to be beneficial?

1. KevinTimothy profile image83
    KevinTimothyposted 5 years ago

Do you find physical or academic activities with your sons to be beneficial?

Which do you prefer, and why?

2. mismazda profile image60
    mismazdaposted 5 years ago

Both, I incorporate both to him. He needs to be well rounded in academics as well as be physically trained and fit. I believe both go hand in hand.

3. prektjr.dc profile image85
    prektjr.dcposted 5 years ago

I think they each have a separate value.  Both of my sons participated in football.  This taught them to follow directions, think outside of the "box" and to accomplish a task through teamwork.  They also were each involved in Math League, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Band, and Science Club.  The academic activities gave them the opportunity to exercise their mind and press themselves to achieve.  Most often they were competing against their own best scores in addition to competing against other students in the area.  It was good for them to be involved in both to round out their entire person!  Choosing only one, I would have to say I would almost prefer their participation in the physical activities.  It is important to know how to work with others and take directions as well as adjusting and adapting.  In addition, the physical exercise helps to keep them healthy.  Maybe those activities continue to be most beneficial in later years.

4. Sparkle Chi profile image76
    Sparkle Chiposted 5 years ago

I think it is important for all my children, my sons and my daughter, to be involved in both physical and academic activities.

Each of my children is different, and naturally favors activities that are either physical or academic. Even so, I require them to have a rounded education that involves both.

working