jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Is it important for you to take your children to church? Why or why not?

1. grinnin1 profile image81
    grinnin1posted 5 years ago

Is it important for you to take your children to church? Why or why not?

2. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

I would have to say, if parents attend a church, weekly or on any regular basis, I think they would automatically bring their minor children along with them.  In many churches, there are special rooms for children, often called Bible School, and possibly even a Nursery, for the very young., until they are of age to join the congregation.   People usually worship as a FAMILY.
    In these cases, yes it is important for parents to take their children to church.
    If parents do not practice a particular religion or attend church services, it seems unlikely they would insist their children go to church.  If it's not "important" for the parents to go, I doubt they would try to have their children believe it is "important," that they must go.....
    My sister and I never knew any different, never thought to question a thing.  Sunday morning was church for our family.  Period the end.  As soon as we became independent adults, we made our own individual choices and decisions.  I'm sure this goes for nearly everyone.
    Dozens of different opinions, dozens of different ways parents handle this particular activity.   What's important, IMO, is that parents agree and feel they are being involved, thoughtful and responsible parents......whether church or NO church.
    In the end, religion and/or Spirituality is a very personal choice for any adult individual.....

1. grinnin1 profile image81
      grinnin1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I've had friends who do not go to church, for whatever personal reasons, but they do want their kids to go. Also have known couples who don't share a religion and struggle with this. Not always simple.

2. fpherj48 profile image76
      fpherj48posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like they themselves are making it a difficult thing.  In reality, think about something, discuss it,  make a decision like an intelligent, mature adult...and then stand by it.  To send your kids to church or not?   That's a yes or a no.

working