jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does anyone dislike getting an ECARD from family or friends for your birthday or

1. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Does anyone dislike getting an ECARD from family or friends for your birthday or other holiday?

Or does it hold the same sentimental weight for you as a physical card?  I got an ECARD for Mother's Day from one of my children and I have to admit it kind of hurt my feelings.  Maybe I am being oversensitive.  Anyone want to weigh  in on this?

2. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

Your child still remembered you...physical card or e card....

3. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

Hi duffsmom,
    As one of the generation that wrote/rec'd more letters and lived w/o instant gratification, I prefer physical cards too, but, as the saying goes, "it's the thought that counts."  At least today's procastinator's have a way to get the greetings out on time.-lol  smile

4. Escobana profile image74
    Escobanaposted 5 years ago

Oversensitive I would say. It's the effort that counts and.... Mother's Day?

Isn't that the same commercial thing as Father's Day or Valentine's Day?

You are a great mother always I suppose. A great spouse as well I guess. I'm a believer of spontaneous cards or e-cards, a little funny gift, a sweet note on the fridge and a big hug for Mother's Day.

Simple sentimental sentiment can be very romantic and real.

5. anglnwu profile image91
    anglnwuposted 5 years ago

I would much prefer physical card but this past Mother's day, my son who had just left for college, sent me the sweetest ecard. I didn't mind as I know it's hard for him to go out of the way to get  a real card (but maybe, that effort equals more love).

6. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

I used to write poems and print cards from a software program. Then I started using ecards. I got on a familiar site that turned out to be a fake one with a virus. it was a disaster. I am afraid to send or receive cards, because of spammy and virus ridden sites. We must take precautions that spoil our fun these days. Good question.

Closed to reply