jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you have family meetings with your children?

1. momster profile image59
    momsterposted 5 years ago

Do you have family meetings with your children?

2. alphagirl profile image83
    alphagirlposted 5 years ago

Yes we do. It really is about being on the same page and setting expectations. Usually over ice ream or some snack.

3. Mom Kat profile image79
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

Sometimes we have "family meetings", when the rules are getting broken a little too much or when I need the kids to all pull together to get the house clean for a party or something.... not on a daily basis or anything.

Every night over dinner we go around the table and talk about the best part of our day, making sure everyone gets a turn to speak and be heard... I wouldn't call that a meeting though.

4. denise.w.anderson profile image92
    denise.w.andersonposted 5 years ago

When our children were at home we had what we called "family council" weekly to go over calendar and talk about things that were happening. We used this time to help our children learn financial responsibility, follow up on projects that they were working on in school, discuss home cleaning and cooking responsibilities, and make sure everyone had transportion when needed. Each family member had a calendar book and were to come prepared with a schedule of things they were doing.

On occasion, we had emergency "pow-wow" meetings to address something that could not wait until our weekly family council. The children knew that when there was a "pow-wow" Mom was not happy and that they had better be ready to discuss how to fix the problem.

5. kat_thurston profile image59
    kat_thurstonposted 5 years ago

Yes we do we have 5 children and regardless of how many children you have when everyone knows what is going to happen when and what is expected out of each one the family and household runs a whole lot better and more smoothy. Bottom line is communication is the key.

6. Keita Hargis profile image59
    Keita Hargisposted 5 years ago

When I was younger, my parents use to have family meetings every Saturday morning followed with family game night that same day. But as they got older they kind of got tired of it all and stopped doing it all together by the time I entered 8th grade. So here I am now with two kids of my own, I try to hold a family meeting with them once a week but our schedules seem to sometimes conflict with it.

working