jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are some lessons you learned the hard way as a wife or SAHM?

1. Learning in Life profile image95
    Learning in Lifeposted 5 years ago

What are some lessons you learned the hard way as a wife or SAHM?

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Wow, there are so many!!!! Don't ever pop popcorn when the children are running around like crazy because it WILL end up burnt! Never expect your husband to know what you are thinking because he almost NEVER will. Never take on everything unless you will be able to handle everything for years to come because once you become supermom they expect it to continue. Start children on chores as soon as they can walk.
    The list could go on because the whole time you are a wife and mother it's a continued learning experience. The key to it all is never hold resentment!

3. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

Some people just don't understand your choice to stay home and forfeit an income, especially if you were a working mom prior to staying home. They think that staying home with the kids is an easy way out of a job.

What they don't realize is that staying in a job would mean paying for childcare for two kids (in my case, and soon to be three) and paying for gas to drive to work. Between those two things alone, there goes my paycheck!

4. fitmom profile image84
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

I had some tough bosses, but my husband is way more harsh than my toughest boss ever was. His criticism is hard to take because it is my work and my home life.

5. Moon Daisy profile image82
    Moon Daisyposted 5 years ago

That it's not as easy as it looks!  And that it can be terrible for your self-esteem.  Especially when people around you who work think that you have an easy life.  Also if you decide to go back into the workplace after spending some years being a SAHM it's common to find that your confidence has taken a beating, so that is extra hard too.  Really not an easy-option. smile

6. Awilliams954 profile image66
    Awilliams954posted 5 years ago

That you have to FIGHT for the "you" time needed for your sanity. You have to remember that although your main focus may be the kids or your husband, you still exist and you are more than just a homemaker. You still need to work on your personal development and you still need to paint your nails! Happy Wife=Happy life

working