jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What have you learned from the "hard times"?

1. elayne001 profile image72
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

What have you learned from the "hard times"?

2. MojoDawg profile image60
    MojoDawgposted 6 years ago

In hard times I learned that we should always keep our families strong and close because when one is enduring really hard times we have to hold each other up, and without faith, sometimes hard times seem impossible, but through Jesus all things are possible and even death has no sting when we go down holding on to each other.

3. catalystsnstars profile image74
    catalystsnstarsposted 6 years ago

Mind over matter.

And never give up, everything happens for a reason. EVERYTHING!

4. sakshisingh profile image57
    sakshisinghposted 6 years ago

Daily small savings matters a lot.
    Don't postpone any of the saving plans to future.
    Just do it to save yourself.

5. Lisa Luv profile image76
    Lisa Luvposted 6 years ago

To be patient and trust in God's help.....

6. profile image55
    wim99posted 6 years ago

To trust my instincts, because once you hit rock bottom, the toughest times can only get better. Use endurace, and never quit trying to make progress.

7. KimberlyLake profile image80
    KimberlyLakeposted 6 years ago

Situations always change, we can get through rough spots with patience and keep in mind that things won't be the same for ever. We learn a lot from hard times. I think it was the Dalai Lama who said "Forget the bad experiences, but remember the lessons"

8. LianaK profile image60
    LianaKposted 6 years ago

Usually I learn that I need to rely on others in hard times. I am usually very independent and have a hard time reaching out for help--unless I am forced to do so. It is always a very humbling experience for me.

9. SmartAndFun profile image97
    SmartAndFunposted 6 years ago

I have learned how little my family actually needs to get by. It is very reassuring to know that if things came crashing down tomorrow, we would be fine with very few material posessions and much less income. We wouldn't love it, especially my kids (LOL), but we would do just fine.

10. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 6 years ago

True division between wants and needs.
    Needs: roof over head, healthy food, water, light/heat/electricity, child care, health
    Wants: bigger house, fast food, long hot showers, never doing anything by hand, other people watching kids, massages and what are actually spa services

11. Mary Stuart profile image80
    Mary Stuartposted 6 years ago

Write out a budget each month and pretend spend every penny before it reaches your account. At the top of my list is giving, then savings, and then stretching every penny just as far as I can stretch it to pay for my needs. Every now and then I have a few pennies left over. I went to starbucks and had a chai tea with a friend. I enjoyed every sip but I don't have treats very often. I guess the biggie is a lesson I learned by watching my dad... give generously, save wisely, and spend the rest with gratitude that your needs are met. My grandpa taught me to never borrow money. I am grateful I heeded his advice. These hard times have shown me just how wise my grandpa's advice was.