jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Talkative sister won't shut up what do I do?

1. Mega over profile image55
    Mega overposted 5 years ago

Talkative sister won't shut up what do I do?

Ok so I have a 5 year old sister and she won't ever shut her stupid mouth but my parents are always around what do I do to make her shut up but not get myself in to trouble?

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Just suffer it.  My wife doesn't shut up, why on Earth she thinks I'm remotely intersted in who is going past, or what, what-his-name over the road is doing, I don't know.  It matters not how often I tell her that I'm not interested in the minutae of what is going on in the street, or aunt mildreds, in-growing toenail op, she has a burning need to tell me, so just put up with it, she can't help it.

3. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

My son who is 6 years old also doesn't shut up. As this age 5-6 years ago, kids are curious over many things and questions that are never ending. What she needs is answer. Either get someone to answer it or tell her not to talk to you because she is very irritating. You don't have to show your temper. Kids are clever to see your face "mood".

4. twig22bend profile image78
    twig22bendposted 5 years ago

You have not mentioned your age, but I would think you remember when you were 5 years old. Who shut you up? A 5 year old is learning to verbalize and is intrigued with listening to themselves speak.

They may not make sense, but they will eventually grow out of it. Why not take a little time and engage your sister in a conversation and actually try to find out what she is talking about.

Play a game with her or even read to her. One thing you must do and that is to stop calling her stupid!

1. Mega over profile image55
      Mega overposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I didn't start to talk Nutella I was six because I had a learning disability ok.

5. JayDee Sterling profile image61
    JayDee Sterlingposted 3 years ago

Be patient. She's 5. She doesn't even really know how annoying she is!  You're older, you can out think her. Maybe. Make up games to play with her, so that she has to stop talking and think. Tell her every time she has a question, to write it down and when she gets to 5 or 10 questions give you the paper and you will answer her, on paper. But don't ever yell at her or tell her to shut up or that she is stupid.

I know someone who has a younger brother, they say when he was a child the only time he didn't talk was when he was asleep and even then they could hear him mumbling. Today he is an engineer and holds several Patents that have made millions of people's lives better. His older siblings still can't believe it and they could not be more proud.

working