jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think that people can look like a particular name?

1. Asp52 profile image87
    Asp52posted 5 years ago

Do you think that people can look like a particular name?

Can you instinctively tell if someone is a Sarah, a James, a Bradley or a Dave?

2. MarleneB profile image96
    MarleneBposted 5 years ago

I don't think we can walk up to a person and say what their name is, but I have certainly met people who, once they say their name, they tend to look like the image I would have for a person with that name.

I think we develop certain images for names. For instance, if I hear the name Gertrude, I have a picture in my mind of what someone with the name Gertrude would look like. I have only met one person with the name Gertrude, and she looked like someone I thought Gertrude should look like. I have met many people named Angel and they all look as beautiful as their name.

So, I think parents should be careful when naming their children, because their child could end up looking like their name. Ugly name... ugly child. Cute name... cute child. I don't place any scientific value on my thoughts; just offering them as my humble opinion

3. profile image0
    TheFrankoposted 5 years ago

That's an interesting question and I must say I agree with MarleneB. When someone tells me his/her name I sometimes find out that it fits the person. It's rather hard to guess someone's name when there's so many options. smile

4. Maggie Bennett profile image73
    Maggie Bennettposted 5 years ago

My name is Margaret ..... but I fit Maggie much better.

I think people who meet me agree.

Closed to reply