jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How do you think a Chinese saying "in a united and harmonious family, everything

1. susanzheng profile image82
    susanzhengposted 4 years ago

How do you think a Chinese saying "in a united and harmonious family, everything prospers"?

Sometimes I see or hear about people in a family fighting agaist each other just for the family's prosperity, but the family doesn't prosper in any way, which makes me think about this age-tested Chinese saying over and over again.  Here I post this question just hope everybody comes across this question to think about it, do something to unit your family and bring happiness to everyone around you and the prosperity will come to your family naturally.

2. Blond Logic profile image97
    Blond Logicposted 4 years ago

So many of the 'great families' sat down to dinner together , shared with each other, and took an active part in each others lives. Usually they are the happiest and most prosperous. I think that saying is perfect.

3. profile image0
    Alise- Evonposted 4 years ago

That is a wonderful saying.  I have been in concert bands and choirs in the past, and I know that when we were all playing or singing truly as one unit, it was wonderful. The energy within the group and the positive emotions we all felt when playing/singing the piece just could not be beat. The audience could sense these things, too, and share in that harmony.  Same thing happens with families, or any group. Harmony is life at its fullest, and it spreads outward from the core.

susanzhengposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much Blond Logic and Alise-Evon for your answers.  I agree with you both.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

No, my family isn't united and harmonious at all. Siblings are always fighting with each other in order to gain mother's trust so that she will entrust her money and properties to the person who had won. However, I had seen my neighbor, an old woman who is staying with his eldest son. Every Sunday, the rest of her children and grandchildren will come over to have dinner together, have a happy chat, united in working together under the father's business. They had prosper for sure; the vehicles are getting bigger and fancier, kid going to "high-class" schools and many more.

susanzhengposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Oh, peachpurple, thank you very much for your answer.  I am sorry for your family.  But you are not alone. I think this is a good opportunity for you to do something that can have positive effect on your family's situation.

working