jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

School runs What do you do when sitting in the car waiting for the bell to ring

1. Martin-ddp profile image89
    Martin-ddpposted 4 years ago

School runs What do you do when sitting in the car waiting for the bell to ring

Do you do school runs or sport pickups. Than what do you do while sitting in the car waiting for the bell to ring

2. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

Our school is within a mile from my home, so I have to go pick up the children.  Fortunately, there is a park next to the school.

I plan my time so that I can walk 30 minutes before school gets out, and then have the extra few minutes to make it over the ramp to the pathway where the kids are dismissed.

If I get there a few minutes early, I catch up on text messages, and I chat with other moms or dads that I have grown to know from my children going to the school.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I plot.  I sit in the car and often work on certain plots for my stories, sometimes (if the car windows are fogged up in the winter) I talk about the story out loud and the ideas will flow. 

Likely in various towns we lived in, people may still be talking about the crazy lady waiting for her kids talking to herself.

4. Edward J. Palumbo profile image86
    Edward J. Palumboposted 4 years ago

I use the time to write postcards, to make notes or plans for projects, to listen to music, to read books or listen to audio tapes, to practice on a harmonica, to make grocery lists, or to draft letters to friends and relatives.

working