jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

200+ girls kidnapped, abductors are still free. How can this still be possible i

1. pctechgo profile image76
    pctechgoposted 3 years ago

200+ girls kidnapped, abductors are still free. How can this still be possible in 2014?

More than 200 Nigerian girls abducted. For those of us living in other parts of the world with laws, rule of law, strong law enforcement, strong government.  Imagine living in a place where 234 girls can be taken, held captive, and the persons involved announced they will sell the girls as slaves - AND the perpetrators are still not in custody? Still free, not cornered and surrounded in a compound or building with snipers and SWAT/Police raid teams at the ready to stop him/them from doing any more harm? Two weeks later and still free, girls remain captive. Very, very sad and tragic. 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8932895_f260.jpg

2. raymondphilippe profile image84
    raymondphilippeposted 3 years ago

I have to agree "very, very sad and tragic". The beliefs and values people hold that do this kind of thing scare me and go beyond my comprehension.

3. chef-de-jour profile image95
    chef-de-jourposted 3 years ago

Yes, this is a truly horrific situation in a remote part of the world where perhaps the police and army aren't as well prepared or trained as they could be. Perhaps also the political will isn't as strong?
    This is the unacceptable face of religious fervour - military operations and acts of terror carried out in the name of Islam.
    I long for the day when crusaders - religious extremists of any faith - are only a part of history.
    They kill and torture and make war using a religion as their excuse. Disgusting. Obscene. Cowardly. They should be targeted by the police and army, rounded up and given a trial, a fair trial.
    The US and UK have recently spoken out and now want to help Nigeria, indirectly. I think they'll offer intelligence and operational advice only. Let's hope these girls can be rescued and given back their right to an education, free from fear and prejudice.

4. wmhoward4 profile image70
    wmhoward4posted 3 years ago

People are afraid to take a stand against these groups because it is not PC. Also, Islamist forces have spent millions to get the media to convey their point of view. Look how Israel is called appartied and slammed for defending itself when missiles are fired from Gaza.

They best thing that could be done is have a secret straw party buy the girls undercover, return them home, then, wipe out as many terrorists as they can kill.

5. pctechgo profile image76
    pctechgoposted 3 years ago

Thank you all for your comments/answers.
    Another week has past and the girls have yet to be recovered, the perpetrators still have not been caught. The US has sent hostage negotiator professionals to the area.

Thank you all again for your comments/answers.

1. pctechgo profile image76
      pctechgoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Nearly a month later and a video released by the French news agency shows about 100 of the 276 girls. This is the first time they have been seen since their abduction.  wmhoward4 has a great idea of buying the girls just to get them back safe.

working