jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Need ideas of free or very cheap stuff to do this summer with my girls ages 11,

1. Valeriepeccarelli profile image61
    Valeriepeccarelliposted 3 years ago

Need ideas of free or very cheap stuff to do this summer with my girls ages 11, 8 and 3 years old.

2. liesl5858 profile image88
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

Having picnic on the beach or the park which is free. Just bring your own food and drinks. I am sure the girls will enjoy a swim on the beach. Playing tennis, volley ball or hide and seek in the park with the added bonus of fresh air. Walks in the forest or beach. Hope these helps.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I like all of liesl's ideas. Also, if you have one of those dollar stores nearby (the ones where everything is actually a dollar) or a FiveBelow (everything five dollars or less), you can probably find little badminton sets, jumpropes, squirtguns, and other outdoor game stuff. You buy some of that stuff and you can have a blast without even leaving your yard.

1. Valeriepeccarelli profile image61
      Valeriepeccarelliposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Great ideas!  Thank you smile

4. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

$20 on floats then $0-$4 to get into a state park with swimming area. I have been to 3 lakes in a little over a month. Every weekend we go to the lake and swim. Often there is a nice sandy beach area. We love it and it's a perfect fit for our 10, 8, and 3 year olds. Also I second Dollar stores. Sand toys, water noodles. bubbles, water guns, floats, and tons of other cool fun in the sun items are cheap at the dollar store.

5. wmhoward4 profile image68
    wmhoward4posted 3 years ago

A bucket of water and a paintbrush is always fun on concrete. It's self cleaning and creative. Not as messy as the chalk for sure. If the girls do something really special, get that digital camera out and save it forever before it dries.

Also, show them how to make sun tea outside. They will love it once they ice and sugur it up more than the powdered stuff.

working