jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Teething Babies - symptoms, solutions?

1. jlpark profile image84
    jlparkposted 3 years ago

Teething Babies - symptoms, solutions?

Any parent out there knows there were certain things their children did when teething, and certain things that worked (and didn't) to help soothe their wee one's pain and grumpiness.  Any you'd like to share with the mother of a currently teething 7mth old?!

2. emilyzeinert profile image60
    emilyzeinertposted 3 years ago

Symptoms my oldest 2 have had (my youngest is a 4.5 month old premmie) were:
    - red cheeks (in particular on the side that the tooth was coming through)
    - fist biting
    - fevers
    - sweating
    - nightmares
    - fatigue
    - loss of appetite
    - fussiness when eating
    - tugging at their ears
    - glassy eyes
    - dribbling

I helped them by letting them suck on icy poles, freezable teething rings and giving them bonjella. I'm from Australia, so I'm not sure what pain relief you use where you are from, but I found that Dymadon was exceptionally better than Panadol in every way!

Good luck to you & your little one. I wish you all the best with this terrible time. There is nothing worse than the helplessness of having a child in pain.

jlparkposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Emily - it isn't pleasant for the wee mites is it! I discovered ice cold formula helped too!

3. Teeuwynn Woodruff profile image95
    Teeuwynn Woodruffposted 3 years ago

Your poor baby! Teething can be hard. I found breast feeding helpful. Also, getting one of those toys that has water inside and then putting it in the refridgerator to make it cool -- but not frozen -- and letting them chew on that was sometimes helpful.

Infant motrin or tylenol can help too.

Good luck!

jlparkposted 3 years agoin reply to this

She's bottle fed so I tried ice cold formula which she normally hates - seems to help. Will try the toys again - acetomenophen/paracetamol is helping! Thanks

4. profile image54
    johannabarnesposted 3 years ago

What I did for my last three sons was give them some dissolvable teething tablets called (Hyland’s Baby Teething Tablets). I bought them at Walmart store they cost 7.68 yes it’s little high, but I promise you it’s worth it.