Any ideas for kids indoors for a rainy day?
So it is a rainy day in New Hampshire and my youngest are bored.any fun ideas?
My vote, if it is not cold and if it is not a thunderstorm, is to go play in the rain for a while, then wrap up in big towels and start a rhyming word game with them, beginning with their names, then wind up with something like Hickety Pickety Bumblebee--
http://earlyliteracyci5823.pbworks.com/ … Activities
--to introduce new words to them… all dosed with lots of laughter and hugs!
If you don't want to play in the rain, which is a whole lot of fun and only available when it rains, here are some things we did:
1. Build a fort with blankets, sofa cushion, and pillows. Then, have a picnic inside of it.
2. Play hide-and-seek.
3. Bake something together. The oven keeps the house warm!
4. Call grandma on the phone or, if she's tech savvy, Skype her.
5. Have the kids prepare a skit, dance or karaoke song and let the rest of the family be the appreciative audience! Tell the older kids to upload to Youtube.
6. Have the older kids plan out a scavenger hunt for the littler ones. Make it easy for them to follow. Or, just hide old plastic Easter eggs around the house for them to find. Fill with pennies, etc.
7. Teach the kids to conduct a science experiment.
8. Go fishing. Attach yarn or string to a pole or yardstick. Use a clothespin at the end. Have them draw, color and cut out fish and worms. Clip a worm on the end of the string. Toss the line over a blanket strung across the room. Have the older ones, take the worm off and clip on a small treat. Let the fisher "reel in" his prize.
9. Put all the sofa cushions on the floor. Let them practice "gymnastics" by doing forward and backward rolls. Fun exercise!
10. Play indoor tag.
11. Blow up a balloon. Have everyone sit or lie down in the living room on two sides. Play volleyball with only your feet.
when it is ranining, my son loves to play zombie, play toys, painting and ipad
by Paul Edmondson 5 years ago
What are some kid craft ideas to do inside on a rainy day?We have a bunch of kids from four years old to fourteen years old that are going to be inside while it's raining and we would like to entertain them with some crafts.
by Thomas@theone 7 years ago
What are some fun things to do on a rainy day?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|