Do you have the love and relationship conversation with your teenager/child as a

1. realtalk247 profile image70
    realtalk247posted 2 years ago

Do you have the love and relationship conversation with your teenager/child as a single parent?

There is a trend of single parent households growing in the United States.  What is the conversation or discussion regarding love, marriage, and/or how these children arrived in the world?
    As I encounter teenagers I wonder how they "process" relationships and interactions.  I wondered is there ever a conversation about how they and their sibling came to be? Are the children not being told any love story between their mother and father?  Are they learning by example to separate love/affection from sex because there is no conversation between mother/father OR no love interaction amongst parents?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12392669_f260.jpg

2. trimmedvintage profile image61
    trimmedvintageposted 2 years ago

They have to get information from somewhere. Why not get the information from a parent? Single, married, divorced, the parent should be the best source of relationship conversations. My 9 year old still asks how she was born when I wasn't married to her father. The healthiest and most truthful source is the parent! Parents, however, need to learn to be open-minded. If you aren't comfortable talking to them, they aren't comfortable talking to you and will receive answers from somewhere else.

3. monia saad profile image75
    monia saadposted 2 years ago

Should not let them look for information from unreliable sources. Preferably gradually through examples of simple reproduction in birds or animals and then things will become clear direct way. Because not to talk with them as necessary to expose them sometimes wrong information

working