Hi Javed, Excursion is basically fun and blissful time with family. For that we before going these are the things.
1. Plan things properly in advance so that entire plan goes smoothly without hurdles and that the basic purpose of trip, enjoyment, is fulfilled.
2. Pack all required items like clothes, food and medicines for emergency. Also packing depends on what type of excursion, what time of the year and where you are going. If its trekking, then pack things like torch, tent, winter jackets, mosquitoe bite creams etc.
3. Keep enough cash. These days we find ATM even in remote places so it might not be difficult to get cash but still, while starting from home, enough cash at least for to and fro journey tickets should be with us
4. List out contact numbers and addresses of places we are going and staying. This list should be shared with kith and kings of our family for emergency contact. Also, ensure to inform family and trust worthy members about where you are going and who are all going. Transparency helps in emergency situation.
5. If your journey is in your own vehicle, then have enough diesel/gas/petrol. Check the feasibility
1. Visit all the important places you have listed 2. If there are kids, make them understand the importances of that place. They learn on such visits 3. Eat, hang out, relax and have fun..! 4. Most importantly, stay with crowds. Don't be in lonely areas to avoid risk