jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I want to post a personal anecdote which offers no advice or valuable informatio

1. bzirkone profile image77
    bzirkoneposted 2 years ago

I want to post a personal anecdote which offers no advice or valuable information.  It's just funny.

Is there a way to do that without breaking some kind of Hubber Rule?  "Again, personal anecdotes and experiences can add great value to Hubs and we welcome them; they simply have to be provided in a manner that adds value to the article and provides readers with valuable information."

2. Lori P. profile image87
    Lori P.posted 2 years ago

Laughter is vastly underrated, and funny stories have lasting value. Laughing heals, bonds, soothes, and uplifts. Please post a personal anecdote. There are lots of hubs about personal experiences. And funny hubs are very popular!

3. Jennifer Mugrage profile image91
    Jennifer Mugrageposted 2 years ago

I don't think the quote above means that Hubpages will take some kind of action against you or your Hub if you post one that is simply a funny personal anecdote.  It's just a tip about how to write an evergreen Hub that will get a good score. 

I've read a number of funny Hubs that are no more than an anecdote/rant, which I found very entertaining and in some cases the writer even got an award. 

If you like, at the end add some witty comment or insight that riffs off the anecdote.  That ought to make it relevant enough.

4. Ilona Elliott profile image76
    Ilona Elliottposted 2 years ago

I think it's perfectly "legal" and acceptable. There are definitely some on here that are simply hilarious. Shadesbreath won a Hub award for one. It is sooo funny. You should check it out. I know you have got some funny anecdotes and those kinds of hubs seem really popular. As a previous Hubber mentioned it may not rate all that high on the Hub scale or whatever they call it, but it would be a welcome addition far as I can tell.

1. bzirkone profile image77
      bzirkoneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Agree, Ilona.  HP has dinged me before on writing personal stuff and refused to 'feature' an article unless I included something instructive or helpful to the audience.  As a result, I inserted some inane academic references just to pass muster.